Find a Center Now
Fight The Flu Fast
According to the CDC, this seasons' flu outbreak is the most severe we've had in years. If you have the flu, visit your nearest MedExpress for the most compassionate care. See below for information on how to fight the flu or are looking to prevent it.
What To Do If You Have The Flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Follow public service advice regarding school closures.
- Avoiding crowds helps prevent the spread of viruses that cause respiratory infections.
How To Prevent The Flu:
- At your office, disinfect your counters, phones, door handles, and other shared objects on a regular basis.
- Carry a small sized, personal bottle of hand sanitizer in your bag or purse to disinfect on the go.
- Wear gloves in public.
- Remember, taking public transit means touching shared places. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Word of mouth is a great resource. Be sure to encourage friends and co-workers to practice these prevention tips.
Take The Quiz
Darn old cold or blue with the flu?
Is that sniffle a symptom or a sign? Is that cough going to put you off? Find out the difference a between a cold and a flu by clicking here to view our symptoms PDF.Download the PDF