schedule a Virtual Visit
We’re here for you. We know our communities need convenient, safe access to care ─ now more than ever. Patients can now see a licensed MedExpress medical professional from the comfort of your home with secure video conferencing. Virtual Visits are available for urgent care or medical evaluations related to the COVID-19 virus.
Call 1-888-759-1868 to schedule a Virtual Visit today.
From how it works to what to expect, learn more about Virtual Visits at MedExpress.
Virtual Visits provide a convenient option to receive care for everyday illnesses and injuries from the comfort of your home. During your visit, if your provider determines that a higher level of care is needed, you may be directed to one of our centers for further evaluation and treatment.
- COVID-19 testing
- cold and flu-like symptoms, including:
- congestion or runny nose
- sore or scratchy throat or difficulty swallowing
- loss of voice (laryngitis)
- sinus infections or sinusitis
- upper respiratory infections, such as bronchitis
- seasonal allergy symptoms
- cold and canker sores
- skin conditions, including:
- bug bites
- hives or rashes (If you’re also experiencing breathing difficulty, please seek immediate in-person medical care.)
- poison ivy
- urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- minor burns
- minor cuts and scrapes that would not require stitches
- eye infections, including:
- conjunctivitis/pink eye
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhea - without abdominal pain
- minor ear infections
- infected toenails or fingernails
Can I Receive a Prescription?
Yes. If your provider determines that medications are needed, they can write a prescription and send it to your pharmacy of choice on your behalf.
Depending on the level of care required, your provider may recommend you schedule another Virtual Visit, request that you visit a MedExpress center in person, or refer you to a specialist or other health care provider if additional follow-up care is needed.
Yes, you can. Virtual Visits are an important tool that we’re using to support social distancing and to allow for added convenience. Virtual Visits are an easy and safe way to determine if it is medically recommended for you to be tested for COVID-19. MedExpress will connect you with a health care professional who will complete a medical evaluation with you via secure video conferencing. If during your Virtual Visit, a MedExpress health care professional determines you should be tested for the virus, they will provide you with directions to the nearest MedExpress location that is providing COVID-19 send-out PCR lab testing and instructions for what to expect.
At this time, COVID-19 testing must be performed in-person. If you are directed to a nearby MedExpress location for testing, please alert a MedExpress team member upon arrival that you were seen via a Virtual Visit and have an order to be tested for COVID-19. Please note that only a COVID-19 send-out PCR lab test can be ordered from a Virtual Visit.
If you’re a patient in Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia or West Virginia who needs to see a health care professional for an everyday illness or injury but you’re concerned about possible COVID-19 exposure or if you’re seeking a medical evaluation related to COVID-19, you can schedule a Virtual Visit and see a licensed medical professional without ever leaving your home.
Spanish translation services are available in select states. When you call to schedule a Virtual Visit, please note that you are interested in this service to confirm if it is available in your area.
To complete a Virtual Visit with a MedExpress medical professional, please follow these steps:
- Call 1-888-759-1868 to speak with a scheduler.
- Share the reason for your visit, complete a brief screening and select a Virtual Visit appointment time. Times are available for same day appointments.
- You’ll receive an appointment confirmation via text or email.
- Login to the video application to meet with a MedExpress provider at your scheduled time.
- Receive great care from the comfort of your home.
What Do I Need Before I Schedule a Virtual Visit?
- High speed internet access
- Desktop or mobile device to access SecureVideo
Is My Virtual Visit Secure? How Will My Information Be Protected?
SecureVideo is an encrypted service built to meet Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and other security requirements to safeguard your Protected Health Information (PHI). Health care providers across the country use SecureVideo to provide telemedicine care to patients.
"I was really impressed with this process - the efficiency of scheduling the virtual appointment and the doctor's excellent care."
We’re all in this together. One community, looking after each other. One family.
All appointments subject to availability. Patients must be physically located in states where service offering is available in order to utilize this service. Please be advised that some illnesses and injuries are more appropriately treated in-person, and you may be asked to visit a MedExpress center in-person or directed to another health care provider or facility, when appropriate.