What Is Urgent Care?
Little things, like a skinned knee, can be treated at home. Life-threatening conditions, like chest pains, require a trip to the ER. For everything in between, there's urgent care.
Urgent care offers treatment to patients of all ages for injury and illness, like the flu, asthma attacks, broken bones, cuts requiring stitches and more, providing you a one-stop option for unscheduled, time-sensitive care.
At MedExpress, we take urgent care a step further, by combining care with compassion and a consideration for your time. With a full medical team and no appointment necessary, you can take comfort in knowing that great care will always be there when you need it.
Why Urgent Care?
- We’re open from 8 am until 8 pm seven days a week, with no appointments needed.
- The average MedExpress visit – from the time you register until the time you leave – is less than an hour.
- We offer convenient care when you need it. According to a recent study, the average wait time for a primary care physician appointment is about 20 days.*
- According to a CDC study, up to 90% of ER visits could be treated at an urgent care center, like MedExpress.**
* “Physician appointment wait times and Medicaid and Medicare acceptance rates” Merritt Hawkins, 2014.
** “National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.