Convenient On-site Care
To help with diagnosing and treating illnesses during your visit to MedExpress, we can offer laboratory services, intravenous fluids (IVs), and electrocardiograms (EKGs) – if deemed necessary by our medical team.
If your MedExpress provider needs labs or blood work to help confirm your diagnosis, we can do labs on site and send blood work and cultures to our partners so you can get answers sooner.
The most common labs we conduct include:
- Strep tests
- Flu tests
- Urine pregnancy
- Fingerstick glucose
- Fecal occult blood
Labs available at select centers. Call your local center to confirm service availability.
We can check for TB with a quick skin test on site.
Sometimes, TB can be present in the body without causing people to feel sick or showing symptoms. That’s why the CDC recommends testing for people who:
- Have spent time with someone who has TB.
- Have medical problems that weaken the immune system.
- Are from a country where TB is common (most countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia).
- Live or work somewhere in the U.S. where TB is more common (homeless shelters, prisons).
- Use illegal drugs.
Our MedExpress medical team can administer IV fluids when appropriate, which help to replenish the liquids and electrolytes (sodium) that your body needs to function.
- Loss of fluids from vomiting or diarrhea.
All MedExpress centers are equipped to perform an EKG, a test that checks the heart’s electrical activity. The results of this test can help our medical team find the cause of chest pain.
The data from EKGs can also help providers uncover why you might be experiencing possible cardiac symptoms, such as shortness of breath, dizziness or heart palpitations.